Tuesday, July 21, 2015

NEW YORK TRIP! Day 1 & 2

First off I have been MIA since FOREVER and I am so sorry! I honestly need this for myself so that I can go back to this blog and remember all these memories! From now on or just tonight I will catch up on EVERYTHING haha

Let's start off with MY SELFIE STICK THAT PRETTY MUCH WAS THE BEST INVESTMENT! 


So, we took a New York Trip with my parents and my two nieces. It was quite an adventure and I can't wait to tell you all about it.

My parents arrived in the afternoon on Saturday, July 4th. We had just found out that we were moving and I'll write a blog about it later but we had been finishing up house projects all weekend long. As soon as my parents and nieces got here we kind of put them to work! We had so much to do and so little time to do it. 

The plan was to leave Sunday morning but we still weren't finished with things around the house so we stayed an extra day. Monday morning we headed out to Niagara Falls, NY. More than half of us had already been there but my dad and younger niece hadn't so we went on the Maid of the Mist which is a boat ride to the falls which I thought was the most fun out of all the stuff they had. We took a walk closer to the falls after the boat ride and tried to take more pictures.

Then on that same day we also headed up to Palmyra, NY and saw LDS Historical Sites!



Maid of the Mist boat ride. 

Alaina was NOT that happy on the boat!





These girls refused to continue to take pictures with us! ;)

She loved kicking the rocks!



Heading to Palmyra, NY

When we arrived to Palmyra we were STARVING so we went to this local Burger and Ice Cream place that was seriously the BOMB DOT COM! haha (who says that anymore) I wish I had taken a picture of the ice cream. Then we went back to our hotel and took our suitcases up to the room. 

We had decided to just walk from the hotel to all the historic sites since the girl at the desk at our hotel said it was a five minute walk. YEA, SHE LIED!! It was not 5 MINUTES!

We only had that evening to go look at everything and the first thing we saw was this 
BEAUTIFUL TEMPLE!  

We practically died walking up to the temple but once we got there I was so happy! It was so pretty! 

Happy Place!

We also went to the Smith Log Home, The Sacred Grove, and we drove to Hill Cumorah (because it wasn't walking distance from our hotel) where Moroni buried the golden plates that was later translated by Joseph Smith and published them as 
The Book of Mormon. Learn More!

We didn't actually go up the hill because it had already closed by the time we got there!

We were all tired by the time we got back including my sweet Alaina who was a trooper all day long since she had just been potty trained a week before! Also, that same week she had face planted into the concrete and hurt her sweet nose and upper lip!

First thing the next morning we headed out to NEW YORK CITY! 

We got to there around lunch time and traffic was awful! 
We all stayed in this AWESOME LOFT that we got off Airbnb.com.  


And then before we remembered that there were subways I DRAGGED my whole family on a 25 - 30 minute walk to Lombardi's Pizzeria which was AMAZING by the way. Even though everyone was pretty mad at me for making them walk in the dreadful heat that NYC had to offer we all left pretty happy that we didn't have to walk home and happy that we were full of delicious food. 

(p.s. bring a lot of cash to NY if you ever go this place it was CASH ONLY (which is ridiculous) but there are a lot of places that just accept cash) 


On our way back we decided to go check out the 9/11 Memorial! I didn't get a picture of it!  It was an Incredible Memorial that honor those lost!


That night we put Alaina to bed and took the girls out! It was quite the adventure!


World Trade Center!



Brooklyn Bridge!





We went home that night and fell on our beds! 

xoxo
Teresa Snow 




No comments:

Post a Comment