Monday, August 4, 2014

Spontaneous Trip to Niagara Falls, New York!

Friday evening when Sam got home from work we were trying to decided what we were going to do Saturday and Sam mentioned let's take a trip to Niagara Falls in NY! What? I was sold I've always wanted to go to Niagara Falls! It's like an experience of a life time! It was literally like 7:00PM when we were like LET'S DO THIS! We immediately got on the computer and looked up fun stuff to do IF and WHEN we get there! We found a package that is $36 and we were like hey it gives us everything we wanted to explore!

This past week was our turn to clean our church! (to learn more click here i am mormon) Sam and I went that night to go clean.  We left around 9:30PM and headed toward the store we needed to get some snacks for our trip we were going to take the next day. When we got home we got everything ready! We put ice in the cooler, packed ham, cheese, grapes, and water. Our heads didn't hit the bed until 12:30AM!

The next day we woke up at 6:00AM and left at 6:30AM I know good timing huh!?!

Let the pictures begin!!!

Buffalo, NY! At least downtown!

This bridge was pretty awesome!


Mouth full of milk and handing me her cup too!


That back pack that Sam is wearing was a hit! Everywhere we turned everyone was like whispering or speaking in their languages saying how cool it was! It was quite handy as well! Thanks Allyson! 

Canada side! We didn't bring passports otherwise we would have gone there too!




Mom and niece!

We look cute!




My niece didn't want to turn around.....TEENAGERS!


Next stop the "Maid of the Mist"





Right before Alaina freeeaked out! Sorry my bangs were crazy!

This picture CRACKS me up! My dad called my mom while the wind was hitting and water started coming our way! She's like "Aqui estamos en el bote de niagara falls" haha (google translate that) 

So pretty!


Alaina was freaking out!







Cave of the Winds!
We stood in line for this for almost an hr and Alaina was very popular. I'm pretty sure everyone was happy that she was in line with them otherwise they'd be bored out of their minds standing in line. She accidentally spilled water on the ground and she kneels down and says  OH NOOO! She looked at us and is like "clean clean?" We were like no it's okay it's the ground. haha She was so cute! 

Poor Alaina was hidden behind Sam!

We asked a few questions about the stairs and they told us that they take the stairs down for the winter and rebuild new stuff every year! Isn't that amazing?! So, if anyone wants to go and wonders how long these have been there it's been about a few months! They open in May and it goes through October! I also wonder if anyone has gotten hurt building all of this? Maybe they tie them? I'll never know!

I wish we could have taken pictures closer to the top but the wind and the water was litterally in YOUR FACE once you get passed a point!I didn't want my camera to get ruined! You get drenched! (Just a heads up) My mom on the other hand came out with her hair all dry! (She used the hood on the poncho and tied it really tight!) 




We had stood in line for the Cave of the winds for almost an hr and we were STARVING so after we were done with that we headed to eat some lunch! We also took the Trolley (in my harry potter accent) 
As soon as we got to the car this girl ate everything in sight! We were all pretty hungry!

After lunch we headed toward the Discovery Center and the Aquarium! Let me just tell you the Aquarium STINKS and the Discovery Center was LAME! We had tickets for it and just wanted to make sure we weren't missing anything fun! I mean the aquarium was alright it did have these seals swimming which was cool! I didn't take any pictures it was dark and lots of people were in there!

When we were done there we headed back to the car! We were so exhausted and we had about 3 1/2 hrs of driving back home! It was so much fun and I'm so glad we went!  We left at a good time too because once we got on the road it started raining. I would have hated to walk in rain!

XOXO, 
Teresa 

No comments:

Post a Comment